Live Scan Santa Barbara Live Scan Fingerprinting
Live Scan Santa Barbara is certified by the Department of Justice to provide Live Scan fingerprinting services throughout California. We provide live scan fingerprinting services in Santa Barbara County. You can make an appointment to come to our office or we can come to you.
This is an easy affordable way to quickly get live scan fingerprinting that is necessary to obtain a job, get a record review, or satisfy State requirements. Our state-of-the-art live scan fingerprinting system can digitally capture your fingerprints, and then immediately transmit them electronically to the State Department of Justice in Sacramento. The process is quick and painless and we will have your fingerprints scanned and submitted in minutes. In order to get fingerprinted, please have the following:
- You MUST have a Request for Live Scan Fingerprinting Services form – this is provided to you by the requesting agency along with any instructions since different forms are used for each agency.
- A VALID (non-expired) government-issued photo ID Card (e.g. DMV Driver’s License or ID, Passport, Military ID Card, Alien Registration Card/Green Card Photo ID Card).
What you should know concerning Live Scan Fingerprinting:
- A Social Security Card is not normally required in most cases. If unsure, please check with your employment or licensing agency.
- Live Scan Santa Barbara is not allowed to assist applicants in filling out their Request for Live Scan Service form. The California Department of Justice rules forbid us from assisting you on your application. If your information is incomplete or if you have a question, we must refer you back to your employment or licensing agency.
- Fingerprints are rejected by the Department of Justice on occasion for several reasons. The most common reasons are that the applicant’s fingerprints have characteristics that are difficult to capture in the live scan process, like cuts, scars and calluses. If an applicant has fingerprints rejected on this basis, and they were originally scanned by Live Scan Santa Barbara, we will re-scan and resubmit your fingerprints at no additional charge. If they were not originally submitted by Live Scan Santa Barbara, you will be responsible for the processing fees.
- Please note that correcting information on the form is not a re-submission, nor is being fingerprinted for another employment or licensing agency.
- To be processed in California you must be physically present in California – you must not be outside the state. Live Scan Santa Barbara’s services are not available for individuals needing Live Scan fingerprinting in other states.
Still have more Questions? Lost your live scan form? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions or give us a call.